Friday, January 25, 2013

Assembling the Vanguard Samaritans from Sedition Wars

I am almost done assembling all of the miniatures in the Battle for Alabaster box. Some models were definitely harder to do than others. As I have read that other people have had the same problems, I thought it would be helpful to share my solutions to the assembling process.

The Female Samaritans

There are two different bodies for the females and they both use the same part with a weapon, two hands and half an arm. The problem for me at least were that the hand and arm fitted the samaritan with helmet fine, but not the other one. It could fit either the arm or the hand - not both :-(

I thought about this for some time and decided that the best solution would be to bend the left arm a little, so that it would fit the hand attached to the gun. The whole arm was dipped in hot water for 10 seconds and easily bend into place.

The Male Samaritans

The male samaritans with laser carbines was a different story. They need to be fitted with a part that included the whole right arm as well, including the large shoulder pad. The problem for me was that the shoulder pad left a huge gap in the back, if were to reach the arm in the other side as well. I tried to cut in the chest plate and various other places but it did not give me a better fit.
Last resort was to use some green stuff and fill the gap that would come in the back.
This might not be the best solution, I agree. However, right now I see no other way.

No comments :

Post a Comment